Sunday, August 06, 2006

kiosk

Another word we all know, "kiosk" is strictly a noun, which puts it in quite a minority in our list of words thus far. It's long been a favorite of mine, though; I'm not sure why, I guess I just like the way it sounds. It denotes a small open structure, usually used for trifling commercial purposes, and this incidental quality of the services they usually provide is well-matched with the word, which reads like something a Scrabble player comes up with in a moment of desperation.

Allow me to cut myself short right there to declare that my weekend words are boring as hell, and I know it. I need to come up with some sort of weekend motif. Hmm...
[This train of thought to be continued next weekend.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

kiosk -- what comes to mind is those annoying little carts in the mall. I read somewhere a few weeks ago that there was a kiosk in an airplane terminal, where landing passengers could buy nailclippers --- do you ever wonder if these are the same nailclippers that were confiscated when you got on the plane? Now, I'm sure that kiosks for lotions, shampoos, and k-y jelly are gonna be poppin' up around airports, selling you back your half-used bottles of "liquid".

August 11, 2006 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home